query expression help tying Year filter to unbound text box

Kemidan2014

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a pair of querys that fills graphs for a report. my original expression for a Date field for the querys was simply "Year(Date())-1" which correctly graphed the data for the last year

I know that if i want to view this year only i would just do Year(Date()) but since we review the data for the previous month instead of the current month when January rolls around to review Decembers data then everything would be zeroed out or with only January of current year data

I put an unbound text box on my Frontpage form called [evalyear] i tried the following syntax Year([Forms]![FrontPage]![evalyear]) so that we can leave 2023 for this year in there and until we have the meeting in next january before we change the year but the results blanked out all the graphs to which i KNOW there should be some small amount of data in it i even put 2022 to see if it would populate the original data I was confirming with.

essentially i want the user on the front end to not have to mess with the query expression so the unbound text box was my way of making it a little more dynamic t filter for the year

I think you'd want to use bound object frames, unless the data won't change after the chart is gathered? Why not just use Excel to view the charts?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
because that violates the "one stop shop" mentality that i am going with this database. but i think i might have to set up the macro to also open the file to a target sheet and be done with it.

Upvote 0
That's what I did for a project. I pushed the data from Access to Excel using a dynamic named range. So first the range data was deleted because the data was volatile, then the data was copied to the range. Access form button took care of migrating data and opening the chart.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back