Query Filter

jarett

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Not sure if this is easier to do in excel or in the DB source in SQL. I have an excel file that displays any order that has a certain field (qty_received) updated "today", if that field on the order is updated today when we open the file, the file displays all the lines for that order with some other columns. It works great but I am now trying to fine tune the query, when we go to match orders up we do it by "purchase order no" column. Can I do some query in excel to only show the orders that contain a line with a certain po no, and still include lines from that same order that do not have the po number I am searching? Also trying to figure out an easy way to move from one po to another after we finish matching orders. Again having trouble with the XL2BB attachments, but the screen shot example would show the original file and then if I search on po#0000829 is how I would want the query result to be.
1681340345735.png

1681340407725.png

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back