Query Issue

Flora2021

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I have a query that I am trying to use criteria from two columns.
The one is "type" and the other is "status"

I have entered the type as a criteria such as "RO"
For the status column, I wanted this to be variable for the user to enter the status such as Open, closed, in process etc.
Basically it would return all records where the type is "RO" and the status would be whatever the user enters in the prompt".
Well the issue I am having is that if we actually enter the status of say Open, then the query is pulling all open records, but its pulling for all types, such as RO, Claims, Dmages, etc. Its no longer filtering on the type in entred in the criteria. However if I leave the status blank, it only pulls the "RO" criteria. I also just tried removing the "enter status or leave blank" prompt and entered the Open, In process, on hold status in the criteria and the OR fields and its doing the exact same thing. I am sure this is something similar i am doing wrong so I would appreciate any help. Thanks:)
1656528703860.png

Attachments

• query_12.PNG
    query_12.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 2
  • query 12.PNG
    query 12.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 3
  • query12_1.PNG
    query12_1.PNG
    4.7 KB · Views: 3
  • query_12_2.PNG
    query_12_2.PNG
    6.1 KB · Views: 3
Excellent!
I was doing that off of memory (hadn't done that in a few years). So it is good to know that the old gray matter still works (once in a while!).
I really appreciate it. I figured it was something simple but I have no idea why my brain wouldn't work to remember it LOL. I am slowly trying to become more proficient in access but I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you're help while I am re-learning.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
I really appreciate it. I figured it was something simple but I have no idea why my brain wouldn't work to remember it LOL. I am slowly trying to become more proficient in access but I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you're help while I am re-learning.
No problem.
That isn't the most intuitive thing, so if you had never done it that way before, it would have been tough to figure out on your own.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farhansadik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back