query to report problem.

bharnett

Board Regular
I have a query that returns a currency pair (based on a IIF expression), a sum of a profit and loss field, and a expression that returns "custody" or "sales" (based on another IIF). All of these pull from a main static P&L table. Lastly, I have a field that is the Month function based the date field in this P&L table, it isn't shown in the results and has a criteria that is a user input for the month.

This works great and returns exactly what I want.

However,

When I use the report wizard to make a report for the three fields, it works great but it always asks me for PL.PandL. That is the field that this query actually sums up in the query, so I don't know why this pops up. If I enter ntohing it works fine. However, many users access this and I see this being a potential problem. Please help!! THANKS!!!!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

ezakovich_35

Board Regular
report problem

if you are entering nothing and the report returns fine, check out the sorting and grouping section of your report and see if it is pulling a field that isn't available in your query and then delete it out of your sort.

bharnett

Board Regular
I don't have any sorting set up or any grouping set up for this report.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rishu