Question about creating a possible dynamic array?

Klash Ville

Board Regular
Hello everyone, I have the following issue:

I am doing a long and complex filtering within a table where each filtering process starts at the beginning of a certain Column where it then reads its cells content.

In the middle of that filtering process, changes are done to other columns based on the initial column I am using for the entire filtering process, and some of them, are "marked" and aren't supposed to be read by the filtering process again (it's a single big and complex While function).

I have tried hiding the cells that may eventually become marked at the end of the while. But this didn't work for I am restarting the filter at the beginning of each new while cycle, making the hidden rows show up again.

So my solution for this is to create a dynamic array where the cells that get marked, where their values are saved into the array that would also expand as long as info gets in it. Once the value is saved, the next filtering of the While cycle will restart the filtering in order to show up everything again, except the value of the marked cells.

Is this plausible?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
What do you mean by "marked"? If I understand correctly, and I'm sure I don't, the marking process isn't working and you're looking to use a dynamic array to hold values you wish to omit form further filtering actions, right?

If this is the case, could you use a new column to place a value like "marked" into those rows and just filter that column for all blanks?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back