Question about Freezing Panes

menor59

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Can i have Row A22 Frozen above and row A173 Frozen below which would leave me with Rows A23:A172 as the scrolling area...The scrolling area would be say 20 rows.

Can this be accomplished?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
You would think that would be a feature... my Workbook contains totals from all sheets in the workbook in A1:a23. In range A24:A172 is the sum up of material from the Other worksheets in the workbook. In A173 thats the totals on the said Worksheet. What a shame.

Upvote 0
You can hide the rows below what you want to see.

You can also use the Camera tool to fix a dynamic image of the total row.

Upvote 0
You can hide the rows below what you want to see.

You can also use the Camera tool to fix a dynamic image of the total row.

Hi Smitty,

Never heard of that...how does it work with what im trying to accomplish?

Upvote 0
If you goto the QAT options-->More Commends-->All Commands you'll find the Camera tool and you can add it to the QAT. It essentially takes a dynamic snapshot of another sheet or area out of view on the same sheet. It may or may not help with your issue, but it might be worth taking a look at.

Upvote 0
If you goto the QAT options-->More Commends-->All Commands you'll find the Camera tool and you can add it to the QAT. It essentially takes a dynamic snapshot of another sheet or area out of view on the same sheet. It may or may not help with your issue, but it might be worth taking a look at.

ahh i got it...so is there a way to LOCK it so it stays there where i position it while i scroll up and Down?? i dont want it to move when i scroll

Upvote 0
Split the window...

Activerwindow.splitrow = 20

Then display everything at the bottom in the split window while allowing you to freeze the top frame. You can then scroll through the middle with the first window.

Upvote 0
Split the window...

Activerwindow.splitrow = 20

Then display everything at the bottom in the split window while allowing you to freeze the top frame. You can then scroll through the middle with the first window.

\Sorry code ninja,

im trying to understand how this works...I got the code in..
Code:
Activewindow.splitrow = 20

That splits the row.where am i going to freeze the pane, when i do the Split row disappears...maybe im not doing something right...

Please see the attached Jpg, what im trying to accomplish....is there a variant i can use to try to accomplish this goal>???

Sample3.jpg

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back