Question about textbox on userform being able to get some data from sheet

supermom28115

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to determine if I am just doing this wrong or if this is just not possible. I have a userform set up with multipage with 3 pages, the first page has 6 textbox items and I would like to have a procedure pull those details from the sheet that initiates the userform and just have the user verify that the data is correct. Then the user will use records to add data to pages 2 and 3, then a sub takes that data and transfers it all to a second sheet.
The data on page 1 is identifying data for the subject of the data on pages 2 and 3. I have code all over the place trying to make this work, so the whole thing is kind of a mess right now, however this part is the section that doesn't work and I have tried to write code to this operation many different ways. I have been writing the code in the userform code sheet because I was attaching it to a toggle switch for the user to verify that the data is correct. Then I tried to write the code in the sheet code window and call it to the toggle switch code. I have read 4 different books over the last two days and all the information the provided regarding userforms and have not found an answer. Is this even possible? Can I use code similar to textbox4.value = x.offset(52,0).value to get those identifiers onto page 1? If I have to use input boxes and select each cell then I might as well just write code to just copy those 6 data points separately by macro or command button. I was just hoping to automate it as a group and not have to do two different operations to get the task done. I have not found a reference anywhere that says this can not be done, however I also have not found a reference showing how to do this, only how to do a list box or hard set a value into the box that would only change through user input or a change in the properties of the text box. A list would be way to involved and constantly be added to so I would be updating it or some linked table regularly.
Here is the breakdown of what I have been trying to accomplish:
1 - user inputs data into a sheet and may or may not need to add additional notes for each record
2 - If user needs to add additional notes they would use the button on the sheet where they entered the original data which brings up a input box asking for the column name
3 - user puts in the column letter giving the code a cell reference for the data on page one of the form and some later code on the chance the process gets cancelled so that a sub can clear the cell the user puts data in to indicate they have added additional data
4 - At this point the form shows and page 1 should show the identifying data and the user would use the toggle button to indicate if the data is correct
5 - if true the toggle does nothing if false the toggle cancels the task
6 - the user adds the data on page 2 and page 3 and presses a command button to add the data
7 - the command button goes to sheet2 finds the next empty row and puts the data from the form into the cells
8 - then the form unloads and closes until triggered again

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got the solution.

If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juggernaut24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back