Question and a gripe about Excels popup dialog/function/action boxes

teachman

Folks, the popup function/action dialog boxes that pop up when you click on at least some of the ribbon icons (doesn't matter which ribbon) don't seem to care where I put them after they pop up. I'm talking about function/action boxes like Spelling, Macros, Sort, Name Manager, etc. Is there a way to tell Excel to leave them where I put them? It is so aggravating to have to go and grab and move one of these boxes every time I need to use it. As long as I'm BMWing why do the dang dialogs pop up in the most out of the way spots. Why don't they just popup in the center of the dadgum Window?

Please excuse my language and mood.

However, I would like to know at least a reason for the placement of these dialog boxes. If anyone knows of a way to at least center the dad blasted things, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

George

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Folks, the popup function/action dialog boxes that pop up when you click on at least some of the ribbon icons (doesn't matter which ribbon) don't seem to care where I put them after they pop up. I'm talking about function/action boxes like Spelling, Macros, Sort, Name Manager, etc. Is there a way to tell Excel to leave them where I put them? It is so aggravating to have to go and grab and move one of these boxes every time I need to use it. As long as I'm BMWing why do the dang dialogs pop up in the most out of the way spots. Why don't they just popup in the center of the dadgum Window?

Please excuse my language and mood.

However, I would like to know at least a reason for the placement of these dialog boxes. If anyone knows of a way to at least center the dad blasted things, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

George

Dialog boxes which appear in response to clicking on ribbon icons are part of the Excel or Windows Application underlying program. Microsoft software engineers and programmers do not follow a single standard for positioning dialog boxes in the portions of the application that they develop. Therefore, different programmers will use different parameters for positioning their dialog boxes. In most cases, the user has to live with what they get. In some cases, changes can be made, but the change will affect everything in the Windows Application, including MS Word, Outlook, Power Point and Access.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back