Question for The Guru, PaddyD....Populating Worksheets.

jacobjacob

Board Regular
See the link below for screen shot.

I have 2 excel documents I am working out of. (book1.xls and book2.xls)

You will need to be looking at the image to understand the description of my problem.

Project Preface: I have two excel documents. I need book2 to be automatically populated from book1. book1 consists of results from an audit, and book2 is the actual results compiled for each individual person.

Step 1: When I type in an employee number in book 2, I need it to populate the 'Question Results' section based on that employee number in book1. There are two sections for these results - 'Points Received' and 'Average Score.' I need book2 to calculate how many points were received for that employee number for that specific question. Then I need it to take the number of results submited and divide to give me the average score.

Second Step: If you look at cell H7, I have a space there for Ranking. Is it possible to make excel calculate the 'Average Score' for each person in book1, and tell me what there rank is. For example, 4 of 15, or if there are several people tied with the same score, then indicate 4T of 15, t meaning tied.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/planeboy...dnm=excelproblem.gif&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back