Question Regarding Conditional Formatting across two ranges of data

DePauw

I want to use conditional formatting to format all the cells in one range that are greater than their corresponding cell in the 2nd range of data and those that are less than their corresponding cells another way. I can do this if I manually go through and do it one cell at a time but when I select the whole range of data I wish to apply the CF to it does not produce the desired results. For instance looking at the table below I would want the number present in Set 1 Group 1 Category 1 cell to be formatted based off the value in Set 2 Group 1 Category 1 cell and so on and so forth. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Set 1Set 2
CategoriesGroup 1Group 2Group 3Group 1Group 2Group 3

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I want to use conditional formatting to format all the cells in one range that are greater than their corresponding cell in the 2nd range of data and those that are less than their corresponding cells another way. I can do this if I manually go through and do it one cell at a time but when I select the whole range of data I wish to apply the CF to it does not produce the desired results. For instance looking at the table below I would want the number present in Set 1 Group 1 Category 1 cell to be formatted based off the value in Set 2 Group 1 Category 1 cell and so on and so forth. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Selecting the whole range is OK if you use the correct CF formula. Can you post the formula you used that did not work?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back