Questions using the spreadsheet control on a form

chuckbo

Just as lots of you have already had to deal with, my Excel app broke when my company moved to from Office 2000 to Office 2007 and the FlexGrid control went away.

So I've been fighting with the Spreadsheet control this week, trying to get it to act like FlexGrid, and I have some questions and things to confirm that I figure/hope you all have already dealt with and overcome.

1) I want exactly six columns in my grid. I figured out how to set the number of rows in the grid by setting the viewable range to $1:$31, but I haven't seen anything about setting the number of columns. Has anyone encountered a way to do it?

2) Along those same lines, I found the property that I can set for the spreadsheet that protects it and doesn't permit "At runtime, insert rows." But even though I have that unchecked, I'm able to right-click and insert a row. How do I lock the number of rows and columns without locking the entire sheet? (Users need to be able to edit the data on the grid.) Even better, is there a way to disable the right-click on the table?

3) My column labels are way too long, and I'd like them to wrap. From what I've found, this isn't possible in the spreadsheet control. Has anyone found a workaround? (I'm thinking that I'm going to have to appropriate multiple lines for the header and manually split it apart and populate different cells with pieces of the header.)

I've forgotten the other questions I was going to ask, but maybe they'll come back.

Who's had success using the spreadsheet control in place of Flexgrid, and who's found something else that you like better?

Chuck

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
It is depressing to see that no response was given to this February post, I'm trying to use Spreadsheet Control too...

I'm having a similar problem; will try to post it soon.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tish101

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back