quick countif/if problem

rob36

Board Regular
Ok, I am trying to make a bar chart, and need help to get my numbers for this chart. I have a total of 3 columns of data. My goal is that if the first column has "NOT CLOSED" in it, then it will look at the value (an integer) in the second column. It will then compare those integers to the final column (numbered 1 through 60), and will do a count to tell me how many of the 'not closed' had a value of 1, 2 etc...

does this make sense? I feel like this is super easy and I'm being a dummy

thanks!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Have a look at my tag and use the "Download HTML Maker" to help you post a sample of your data to the forum

Upvote 0
Either I can't find the add in button or maybe on my corporate laptop that's disabled?

I want a formula where it will look at column A B and C, each having many (lets say 100) rows. Column A is either a date or "Not closed", column B is a (random, may be multiple) number 0 through 200, and column C is numbers 0 , 1 ,2 ,3 and so on (+1 every row).

What I want: I want to do a countif to see how many rows in column B match that number in column C.

ideally this would let me know ; XX rows have a value of Not Closed and a value of 0; YY rows in have a calue of Not Closed and a value of 1, etc...

EDIT: ****I think my problem could be solved if you have suggestions on how to do an if statement that is looking over a large range of numbers instead of just one... It's almost like I need a countif within a countif?

Upvote 0
Rob
If you're using 2003 try
Code:
You must load an Excel add-in before you can use it.
Load or unload an Excel add-in program

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
Do one of the following:
Load an Excel add-in

If the add-in you want to use is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse, and then locate the add-in.

If you are using 2007, try
Code:
Load or unload an Excel add-in program

Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
Click the Add-Ins category.
In the Manage box, click Excel Add-ins, and then click Go.
To load an Excel add-in, do the following:
In the Add-Ins available box, select the check box next to the add-in that you want to load, and then click OK.
 TIP   If the add-in that you want to use is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Browse, and then locate the add-in. Add-ins that are not available on your computer can be downloaded from Downloads on Office Online.

If the add-in is not currently installed on your computer, click Yes to install it.
 TIP   Follow the setup instructions as needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back