Quick way to find a sheet in the VB editor?

Mr2017

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

Is there a quick way to find a sheet in the VB editor?

I've just added a Sheet to a workbook, but want to go into the VB editor so that I can change the code name / back of the house name of the Sheet, but I can't find it!

The workbook has about 50 different Sheets, which makes it difficult to find a specific one.

So I was wondering if one can you the ctrl + f function to find a specific Sheet whilst in the VB editor?

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
If you right-click the sheet tab and choose View Code, it should take you to the VB editor with that sheet selected.

Upvote 0
Hi Rory

Thanks for the prompt response.

I tried that, but it didn't work? It just led me to a module (rather than the sheet which I'd right-clicked on and clicked 'view code')

There are lots of sheets that I need to re-name in a new workbook, and I'd done a few earlier.

But now, as I'm adding in new sheets, then going to the VB editor to change the code names of those sheets, the sheets don't actually appear!

It's never happened before and I'm stumped!

Any other thoughts?

Upvote 0
I managed to get around the problem by deleting the Sheet I was looking for, then inserting a new Sheet and just re-naming that, in the VB editor.

But your tip above for finding the Sheet quickly in the VB editor was really useful!

Especially when one has inherited a workbook with dozens of tabs!!

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0
View code takes you to the code module for that worksheet, yes, but that also means that it is selected in the project explorer, so any changes you make in the properties window will be applied to the sheet you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back