Quotes Databsase

robtop

Hello,

I'm about thinking about setting up a database to manage quotes and referrals and before I invest too much time in it I'd appreciate a bit of advice.

We receive quotes in via e-mail at the moment to a central inbox and will reply to the e-mails from there. Part of this process involves manually adding a quote reference number. After receiving a request for a quote we often respond with questions and will receive answers back in the same in box.

What I'd like to do is set up a database so that all new quotes go into the database & are automatically allocated a reference number. So far so good but what I'd also like to be able to do is reply to the quote requests from access and also have all e-mails related to the same quote stored together in the database.

This will allow us to report more effectively on service standards and take up rates for quotes as well as makign the process more efficient.

Before I really get started on this does anyone know if what I'd liek to do is possible and have you got any suggestions as to how I'd go about it or anything I could read on a similar subject?

I can link an access tabel to an outlook folder without too much touble but its the bit concerning tying up all the e-mails with the same reference number I'm not too sure about

Thanks very much much and if any of this doesnt make sense let em know

Thanks

Rob

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back