Radar Chart - need a suggestion

rickai

Hello everyone, I have a created multiple radar charts to monitor 7 indicators. The 7 indicators are all rated on a % scale 0-100%. To improve resolution for items above 90% (couldn't tell the difference between 98% and 100%), I changed the scale to start at 80 and go to 100%. However, now items below 80, or even the rare occasion I get a zero, the chart looks really funny. So, my question is, how do I get good resolution on the above 90%s while not looking ridiculous on the zeros? Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
You might reconsider the choice of chart type.

Without knowing your data and not knowing what you want to show with your charts, I can't, with any confidence, suggest alternatives.

Upvote 0
Probably not what you’re looking for but I thought I’d throw it out there anyways. Does creating two charts per indicator work? One at 0-79% and one 80-100%.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone. Thank you for the tips. I don't disagree with the radar chart comment - however, that is what I'm stuck with based on management decision. That said, is there a way to have the focus of the scale be in the upper 20%, but accommodate lower values with out looking ridiculous? Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Sorry, Rickai. I understand having to deal with management edicts, but I don't know how to make radar charts not look ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back