Radial Buttons - Making and Eliminating Connections

flyonthewall

Hello,

I am quite sure this question is so easy it's not posted here because it's so easy... I searched and didn't find what I'm looking for, so here goes...

I am designing a form that has approximately 14 rows of options. Each row has two radial buttons. To make them, I simply copied and pasted each button once it was made since all 14 rows have the same two options.

The problem is that if I click one in row 1, and click another in row 2, then it jumps to row 2 and row 1 no longer has a radial button selected. What I want to do is have an either/or for each row.

Can someone please let me know which field to edit in properties to make the connections the way I want them to?

I will try to elaborate if this was not clear.

TIA
Fly.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hello Fly,
One way to handle this is (assuming you're using the optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar)
would be to use the GroupBox and place it/them around the optionbuttons you want to
keep as separate groups. (ie, one box around the buttons in each row.)
This will allow you to have optionbutton1 of row 1 and optionbutton1 in row2 ticked
at the same time.

If you're not using controls from the Forms toolbar, or that isn't what you're after then
can you explain a bit further?

Upvote 0
I am actually not using the forms toolbar, but rather the control toolbox... My code for the radial is as follows:

=EMBED("Forms.OptionButton.1","")

The problem is, I believe, that every button has the same code even though there are two different captions.

To use your idea, I tried using the Forms toolbar to remake what I have done, but I can't seem to get them to group (I am using office 2000 if that helps).

Upvote 0
For OptionButtons from the Control Box you can use the GroupName property to set which buttons act together.

Upvote 0
Yes, I would use the Control Toolbox optionbuttons over the Forms buttons any day.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back