Radio Buttons Falling Out of Group

Mrock1

Board Regular
Hi

I have a workbook in which I need to be able to select from three column-filtered views: year, quarter and month. To do this I created form control group with three form control (not ActiveX) radio buttons. Each runs the same macro that check for the radio button selected and hides or shows the adjacent columns (Jan-Dec). The buttons are grouped so that only one is selected exclusively). However I have found that for some strange reason, one if the buttons (usually the month, left-most) falls out of the group after saving and reopening. Visually it is still well inside the group border and it has no adjacent test, the same as the others. Subsequently, I also often find I can easily recreate the button inside the group unless I initially position it between the other two buttons and move it left to its require location. The group is sized to fit inside a single cell, 29/208 pixels wide x 48/64 high. The group is 5.29x1.77cm (WxH) and overlaps the cell below slightly but not the two horizontally adjacent columns. The 3 radio buttons are well inside the group and all four objects are grouped. Still the left most radio button falls outside the group object and acts independently for the other two button.

These buttons sit above a table and I have other macros that filter the table rows and do a show all and then hide certain columns depending on other parameters. While I can prove it I suspect the show all and subsequent column hiding that executes on worksheet selection and workbook open maybe causing the problem. Even so it makes no sense.

Hope someone can offer a suggestion.

Unfortunately the workbook is and contains proprietary information so I cant share it.

Thx
Max

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back