Random numbers without a macro?

cat3rn

I need to figure a way to make say cells A1 thru A10 produce random numbers from 0 to 9.

I would like to do it without a macro if possible. I also need a button to generate those random numbers. I know this button may make it impossible to not use a macro, but let's see if someone can. If it has to be done with a macro then so be it. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I need to figure a way to make say cells A1 thru A10 produce random numbers from 0 to 9.

I would like to do it without a macro if possible. I also need a button to generate those random numbers. I know this button may make it impossible to not use a macro, but let's see if someone can. If it has to be done with a macro then so be it. I would appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Use can use a formula

=RANDBETWEEN(0,9)

You say you want a button? That would mean a macro. On the other hand if you just want to generate a new set of random numbers based on the formulas in existing cells simply press F9 (this will recalculate your formulas, thus generating new random numbers).

Upvote 0

If it has to be done with a macro then so be it..

Here is a macro version. This will insert random numbers in A1:A10 of the active sheet.

Code:
Sub RandomZeroToNine()
Dim i As Long
For i = 1 To 10
    Cells(i, 1).Value = Int(Rnd(9) * 10)
Next i
End Sub

Insert a shape
Right-click and choose Assign a macro
Select the macro

Upvote 0
I am so sorry maybe I should have been more clear.

I need to have cells A1 thru A 10 generate a random set of numbers each cell being a different number than any other in the range of cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back