Random Probability in excel

Jimmyjohn509

If a company owns 15 locations across the country. They want to add new systems in each locations. Some locations require more than 1 system. Some of these locations are located in the South, NE, W and Midwest. the systems installed are as below:

South - 10 systems

NE- 1 systems

West - 5 systems

Midwest - 3 systems

Can we predict in which region the next system(s) will be? What is the prob of it falling in any of thoe regions? Can that be done in excel ?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
If demand were increasing equally year-over-year and all systems were running at near capacity, then the one that has the most systems would be the first to justify a new one.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arias610

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...