Random samping with limitations

wpetty

I need some VBA assistance... I am trying to create a spreadsheet that will allow for a random selection of people for a duty schedule. The difficulty is that I need to randomize for an entire school year (38 weeks), while not assigning people with more than 1 duty per week. no consecutive weeks, and alternating morning and evening duties...

Additional rules - population size is 37, there are 3 morning duties (first requires 3 people, second requires 4, and third requires 2), and there are 3 afternoon duties (first requires 5 people, second requires 2 people, and third requires 5 people). People should have about the same number of tasks over the year...

Good luck and thanks for help

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
I sorry it's not possible.

Between the morning and afternoon, there are 21 tasks. With 37 people, 5 people will do consecutive daily tasks. Additionally, 38 weeks, with 5 work days per week (I speculated) adds to 3,990 tasks. Thats an average of 107 or so tasks per person and just under 3 tasks per person per week.

I worked up a possible solution to your problem. If you're interested, e-mail me. Keeping in mind of course that it is only a demo.

My e-mail address is:
kerry.millen@logicare.com

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back