Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi all, any help appreciated.

I often need to produce simulated sales orders for a client with up to 10 seperate customers and up 20 products each (with up to 7 of each product). At present I have to do this one customer at a time, I have a macro that randomly selects 1 of 493 customers and then I have a msgbox to enter number of products which are randomly selected from 1300. Both the customer and the products aer on separate sheets but copd to single sheet with the products listed in columns K and quantity in L (I manually need to add this). I do this for all 10 random customers.

Is there any way to have excel take a random customer from sheet 1, however many products I entered from sheet 2, combine both in sheet 3 and then if I run the process again it adds the new data to the next empy rows? I need headers for this process too although I can add them as a final process if omited intially. Headers appear in all 3 sheets, sheet 3 headers are also present in sheets 1 & 2.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
This can be done fairly easily.
Google for sbGenerateTestData, for example.
Please provide some sample layout how you would like the result sheet to look like.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back