Range Lookup w/multiple criteria

lfcreds11

Hi all,
I have the table below on a separate tab on my worksheet. I would like to write a formula in a column on another sheet that basically would say:

If the calls (column A) are between 0-500 and the day is "Normal" (column B) then find the matching # which in this example is 15 (B2).

I would like to use this formula to lookup for all of the listed # of calls and day (normal through L3).

Thanks in advance!

#CallsNormalOpsL1L2L3
0-5001515153030
501-8001515303030
801-10003030306060
1001-12006030606090
1201-14006060609090
1401-20009090909090

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
First of all, delete the upper limits from the #Calls column in the table that you show above. i.e. the first one should just be 0 not 0-500, the second should just be 501, etc.

Then, assuming that the table above is in A1:F8 of Sheet2, with the Calls and Day to look for in A2 and B2 of Sheet1, your formula would be

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$B$2:$F$8,MATCH(Sheet1!$A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$8),MATCH(Sheet1!$B2:Sheet1!$B$1:$F$1,0)),"No Match")

Upvote 0
thank you I should have added a bit more info. Sheet 1 is called Stats, Sheet 2 is called Matrix. The data in the Stats sheet for calls is in column M and the data for the day status is in column R

Upvote 0
No everyday is a different number. So we are trying to say if the number of calls is in the range between 0 and 500 and the Day Status is Normal then the matrix is 15. If it is between 1001 and 1200 calls and the Day status is L3 then the matrix is 90 etc. Thanks for trying to assist I appreciate it!

Upvote 0
Sheet 1 is called Stats, Sheet 2 is called Matrix. The data in the Stats sheet for calls is in column M and the data for the day status is in column R
I did just notice a typo in the formula, but aside from that, all you need to do is change the formula to match what you actually have

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$B$2:$F$8,MATCH(Sheet1!$A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$8),MATCH(Sheet1!$B2,Sheet2!$B$1:$F$1,0)),"No Match")

=IFERROR(INDEX(Matrix!$B$2:$F$8,MATCH($M2,Matrix!$A$2:$A$8),MATCH($R2,Matrix!$B$1:$F$1,0)),"No Match")

You don't actually need to enter STATS as a sheet name because the formula is going into that sheet anyway, I just added it in for easier identification.
You do still need to change the way that the #Calls are entered on the stats sheet as I advised in post 2 though.

Upvote 0
I did just notice a typo in the formula, but aside from that, all you need to do is change the formula to match what you actually have

=IFERROR(INDEX(Sheet2!$B$2:$F$8,MATCH(Sheet1!$A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$8),MATCH(Sheet1!$B2,Sheet2!$B$1:$F$1,0)),"No Match")

=IFERROR(INDEX(Matrix!$B$2:$F$8,MATCH($M2,Matrix!$A$2:$A$8),MATCH($R2,Matrix!$B$1:$F$1,0)),"No Match")

You don't actually need to enter STATS as a sheet name because the formula is going into that sheet anyway, I just added it in for easier identification.
You do still need to change the way that the #Calls are entered on the stats sheet as I advised in post 2 though.
Thank you I did change the numbers as you advised to show 0, 501, 801 etc. I am still getting no match. It should be looking at the number of calls that fall into the range, for example a volume of 350 calls should fall within the 0-500 which we renamed to 0 on the chart. Is this formula looking for an exact match? I am sorry for all the questions I am still new at this.

Upvote 0
If everything is looking in the right place then the formula should give you the result that you want.

Process of elimination, do either of these return a number?

=MATCH($M2,Matrix!$A$2:$A$8))

=MATCH($R2,Matrix!$B$1:$F$1,0))

Upvote 0
That would mean that the number of calls in M2 falls into the 801-1000 range.

If the other formula returned #N/A! then that means that the day reference in R2 can not be matched to anything in B1:F1 of the matrix. Are both ranges correct? Is R2 an exact match for one of the entries in B1:F1 of the matrix (check for extra spaces)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back