Ranked List Based on Multiple Criteria

Coachcasa

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
I am a coach and have a spreadsheet of the results of testing that we do on our athletes. For each test, there is a result and a ranking of how they rank among our athletes in that particular test. Each row shows how a particular athlete did in each test. For each test, I'd like to create a list that shows me their name, their result, and their rank and I want to order this list by rank. I've been playing around with formulas and can't seem to make this work. You can see in my image that I am trying to do this at the bottom of the screen where I have it highlighted. For example at the bottom of the 30m flying column, I want to list the person's name, their result, and their rank in that test and I want to rank these people in order based on the test results above. I want to list the individuals by rank with 1st on the top, then 2, 3, etc. I hope this makes sense!

Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• Track-Team-Testing.jpg
    Track-Team-Testing.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 18

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
This article might help you. While no one can read that photo you uploaded, I gather that you want to rank things with tiebreakers.

Upvote 0
This article might help you. While no one can read that photo you uploaded, I gather that you want to rank things with tiebreakers.
I kept trying to post a larger picture but the system kept telling me that my picture was too big. This is the largest it would allow me to post. I could read it so I thought others would be able to as well. I'm not overly worried about tiebreakers, as if they are tied they will just rank above or below the same performance. It's not necessary for me to break the tie for this. I just need to look at each column where the testing results are and rank the performances with the name of the person and the performance. I will do this below each performance list. I am pulling the performance from higher up in the column and then the corresponding name from column A in that same row.

Upvote 0
Perhaps this is a better way to illustrate what I need to do with a simplified table.

2023 Athletes30m FlyingRankRating
Kaylee5.5933-4
Sara5.5732-4
Riley5.0424-3
Audrey4.7021-1
Rose 4.1042
Megan5.4029-4

For our purposes ignore columns B, C, D, as I couldn't get them to delete. What I want to do is create a list of athletes who did the 30m Flying test ranked by performance. In this list I want their name and performance. So if I were doing this manually just from this subsection of the athletes my list would look like:

Rose-4.10
Audrey-4.70
Riley-5.04
Etc.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back