Ranking Swimmers times in an automatically updating table

GeoGeeBlack22

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I am currently working on way to track my swimmers times over the course of a season and track what place they maintain on my team. The current problem that I am running into is that if two swimmers go the same time the two times separately show up in the ranks... but there is only one swimmers name that claims that specific time, leaving a swimmer getting left out and one being doubled.

The sort formula below is used to sort data from the data sheet of everyone's individual times, the XLOOKUP( Function is used to pair that time with it's name pair. I added the Unique( Function to the xlookup so that maybe it would only bring up one name. It was unsuccessful, unfortunately. These specific formulas are used in the 100 Fly chart that has a double up on the swimmer "Jorge Guerra" and is missing the time for swimmer "Christian Steele" who has the same time as him at a 52.25. This same issue happened in the 50 Free chart that is attached with "Roberto Griffith".

I have entered all data with an apostrophe at the beginning because of the way excel hate swim times, especially those from swimming. Example: '52.25 which shows as 52.25 in text form.

I have rattled every part of my brain and tried to lookup different formulas and just can't seem to find a solution. Does anyone have any advice or a solution? It would be very helpful!

Screenshot 2021-07-12 175538.png
Screenshot 2021-07-12 175550.png

Screenshot 2021-07-12 175756.png
Screenshot 2021-07-12 175725.png
Screenshot 2021-07-12 180133.png

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=SORT(FILTER(FILTER('Men Swimming Data'!A2:L29,'Men Swimming Data'!L2:L29<>""),(COLUMN('Men Swimming Data'!A2:L2)=1)+(COLUMN('Men Swimming Data'!A2:L2)=12)),2)

Upvote 0
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
How about
Excel Formula:
=SORT(FILTER(FILTER('Men Swimming Data'!A2:L29,'Men Swimming Data'!L2:L29<>""),(COLUMN('Men Swimming Data'!A2:L2)=1)+(COLUMN('Men Swimming Data'!A2:L2)=12)),2)
This Worked! Thank you so much! You really saved me. I had spent 8 hours yesterday trying to research and now the problem has been solved thank you so much!

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back