Rate of Pay (ROP) updates by comparing two sheets

cadamhill

I'm putting together a spreadsheet to show what the overall % increase to labor will be if we adjust all employees that are topped out and we give them (x%) increase . All the ones not topped out we will leave the same rate of pay. I'm making the sheet so that if I change one number it flows across all Topped out employees. It needs to be done with if/then statements like.... If employee rate of pay= Max rate of pay then multiply by (x%). If employee rate of pay < Max rate of pay then = current rate of pay. I would appreciate a good starting point to help see how this will unfold. I can do a good chunk of this but there is a column on my main calculation sheet that I have included (J) that has the current rate. The max rates allowed are on sheet two called ROP located in column (C). Working between the sheets and referencing back to the second sheet has me a little stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Details: column (I) of Distribution2 sheet has to compare to Column (E) of ROP. Then the rate in ROP has to compare to the rate in Distribution2 to see if they are maxed (according to ROP). If Distribution2 is maxed, then it gets the multiplier from L3 and the value is output in column L. If its not maxed, it will output column J into column K. Thank you in advance for any help.
ROP.PNG
Distribution ROP.PNG

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back