Re-applying auto filter on select worksheets

OliviaT

Hi,

I have the code below to help me re-apply auto filter on selected sheets. It take multiple data entries to get the filter to auto apply. Can someone help me clean this up? Thanks!

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("L6:L24,E27:F1475,H27:H1475")) Is Nothing Then

With Worksheets("DS (4)")
.AutoFilter.ApplyFilter

End With

With Worksheets("TTM DS (4)")
.AutoFilter.ApplyFilter

End With

With Worksheets("DS (C)")
.AutoFilter.ApplyFilter

End With

With Worksheets("TTM DS (C)")
.AutoFilter.ApplyFilter

End With

End If

End Sub

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Try...

Code:
[color=darkblue]Private[/color] [color=darkblue]Sub[/color] Worksheet_Change([color=darkblue]ByVal[/color] Target [color=darkblue]As[/color] Range)
    [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] vSheetNames [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Variant[/color]
    [color=darkblue]Dim[/color] vSheetName [color=darkblue]As[/color] [color=darkblue]Variant[/color]
    [color=darkblue]If[/color] [color=darkblue]Not[/color] Intersect(Target, Range("L6:L24,E27:F1475,H27:H1475")) [color=darkblue]Is[/color] [color=darkblue]Nothing[/color] [color=darkblue]Then[/color]
        vSheetNames = Array("DS (4)", "TTM DS (4)", "DS (C)", "TTM DS (C)")
        [color=darkblue]For[/color] [color=darkblue]Each[/color] vSheetName [color=darkblue]In[/color] vSheetNames
            Worksheets(vSheetName).AutoFilter.ApplyFilter
        [color=darkblue]Next[/color] vSheetName
    [color=darkblue]End[/color] [color=darkblue]If[/color]
End [color=darkblue]Sub[/color]

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Try...

Code:
[COLOR=darkblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR] Worksheet_Change([COLOR=darkblue]ByVal[/COLOR] Target [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] Range)
    [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] vSheetNames [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Variant[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]Dim[/COLOR] vSheetName [COLOR=darkblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Variant[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Not[/COLOR] Intersect(Target, Range("L6:L24,E27:F1475,H27:H1475")) [COLOR=darkblue]Is[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Nothing[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Then[/COLOR]
        vSheetNames = Array("DS (4)", "TTM DS (4)", "DS (C)", "TTM DS (C)")
        [COLOR=darkblue]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]Each[/COLOR] vSheetName [COLOR=darkblue]In[/COLOR] vSheetNames
            Worksheets(vSheetName).AutoFilter.ApplyFilter
        [COLOR=darkblue]Next[/COLOR] vSheetName
    [COLOR=darkblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=darkblue]If[/COLOR]
End [COLOR=darkblue]Sub[/COLOR]

Hope this helps!

Hi Domenic,

Thanks for the response! However, it is still doing the same thing. I have to do a second data entry in one of my cells in the range for it to apply properly. Is there a way to make the auto filter run twice? Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0
Actually, I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to re-write your code so that it would be more efficient. However, I've now tested it, and it seems to work fine. When I manually enter a value in one of the target cells, the autofilters are automatically re-applied. I didn't have to re-enter the data a second time. I've tested it in Excel 2016. Which version of Excel are you using?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Domenic,

I am using Excel 2010. I found my issue. It's due to my formula which I don't think I can get around. My auto filter is set up to hide all blank cells. I have formulas in several cells where it returns a blank cell if certain cells value is zero. It appears the VBA code run before the formula returns the blank value and thus exclude these cells from hiding. I have to enter a second data entry in my target cells to re-apply the auto filter to hide my newly blank cells. Hope that makes sense. It's okay though, I have gotten around it by applying the same VBA code under another sheet that the user has to enter information. It runs the filter again so it worked out. I appreciate you cleaning up the code. I was asking for that as well. Thanks for all your help!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back