RE: Finding and downloading DTPicker...

chazrab

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
RE: Finding and downloading DTPicker...

I've used DTPicker for years to fill Textbox1 and Textbox2 quickly with the following code:
Code:
 Dim d1 As Date, d2 As Date, t As Currency, ws As Worksheet
    d1 = NewReport.DTPicker1.Value
    d2 = NewReport.DTPicker2.Value

Every time I get a new laptop and copy my Excel app from the old computer where DTPicker is and works great, it does not copy over I cannot find it. This is a very useful control to quickly populate two textboxes to generate reports on spreadsheet data in a given date range.

The previous website referenced by the Microsoft support page gives an "Access Denied" screen. Is DTPicker no longer available anywhere, and if not, is there another similar drop down month date picker I can download and pull up from the toolbox? Ideally, I would like to find and download DTPicker to this brand new laptop I just bought - IF it can be found on some website.

Code:
Microsoft's website: "The DateTimePicker control is part of a group of ActiveX controls 
that are found in the MSCOMCT2.OCX file. To use the DateTimePicker control in your application,
 you must add the MSCOMCT2.OCX file to the project. 
When distributing your application, install the MSCOMCT2.OCX file in the user's 
Microsoft Windows System or System32 directory. For more information on how
 to add an ActiveX control to a project, see the Programmer's Guide."

Can somebody please help me with this?

Thanks for anyone's help.

car
car1946@gmail.com

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Re: Finding and downloading DTPicker...

Click this link to download a sample file. https://app.box.com/s/4vsdmgd9ws9lxmf10eqc77uqziz4xkr5
If you click anywhere in column A, a date picker will pop up. You can modify the event macro in the worksheet code module to make the date picker appear based on the cell you click. I found this code online a few years ago but I can't remember where I found it to give credit to the person who wrote it. I've modified it slightly but hopefully, it will work for you. The advantage to using this version is that it will work on any computer without having to install any additional software. Please let me know how it works out.

Upvote 0

Click this link to download a sample file. https://app.box.com/s/4vsdmgd9ws9lxmf10eqc77uqziz4xkr5
If you click anywhere in column A, a date picker will pop up. You can modify the event macro in the worksheet code module to make the date picker appear based on the cell you click. I found this code online a few years ago but I can't remember where I found it to give credit to the person who wrote it. I've modified it slightly but hopefully, it will work for you. The advantage to using this version is that it will work on any computer without having to install any additional software. Please let me know how it works out.

thanks - your statement seems like it's for insertiing a cell value date - I forgot to mention - this is a date picker as a userform ActiveX control - it is normally in the toolbox in earlier versions..

Upvote 0

The following installation worked for me. I'm not sure if it will work for you.
-copy file(s) mscomctl.ocx and mscomct2.ocx to Windows\System32 (The links to the 2 file are below.)
-Type cmd in 'Run' box and press enter
-right click CMD and click 'Run as Administrator
-type: %systemroot%\Systsem32\regsvr32.exe mscomct2.ocx
-press Enter

This process registers the 2 files so that the date picker becomes available to Excel.

https://app.box.com/s/rol3ln2eexar48zd2lxrvn89o9bnbkre
https://app.box.com/s/yno929peznh40ug1y9ir972myd2s45ez

Upvote 0

...it did work. The .ocx DTPicker file is still available - it was just a matter of running, installing and registering correctly from the command prompt to the windows 64 bit folder. - I seldom use the cmd prompt for anything, so I had a little learning curve to do - thanks for everyone's help.

cr

Upvote 0

...you don't remember me, but you have helped me tremendously with my Excel app years ago, which, thanks to you, automates nearly every single thing I want to do with a minimum of keyboard interaction - again thanks for your vast knowledge - I am writing on a separate issue I've never been able to do - is it at all possible within the technology confines of Excel VBA to place an editable spreadsheet section on a userform, insert values in specific cells, and update the underlying sheet with those new values. ? I can do all this with assigning values to textboxes, but I like looking at independent "sections" of my spreadsheet on a userform, when and if I want to do a what if scenario for budgeting and forecasting, clicking a button on the form, and watching the main background spreadsheet update to new values..if anyone knows if this can be done you would - and thanks again for all you current and previous help.

cr
Kingwood, Texas

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back