reached my limit .......

buz

Board Regular
I finally managed to create my first 'complicated' formula - although it was based on one given to me in this forum. It's a small victory for me.

Problem is I still am not quite where i want to be with my data and pivottables.

I have this formula working <=GETPIVOTDATA([JobCostingcopy]Sheet1!$D$4," apr brian")>

First off - the formula seems to work regardless of the abs ref used - I've used $A$4 thru $D$4 and the formula still works ???? would someone try and explain this to me?

Back to my question. I have redone my DB to include a month column and a day column instead of only a date column. My aim is to extract 'pay period' data per employee. Being able to get the monthly totals is working with the formula I have. The problem is my pay period is not based on straight 'monthly' data.

My pay period runs from the 16th to the 15th, with a draw based on hours from 16th to end of month payable the 5th and payroll check based on the 16th to the 15th (less draws) payable the 20th.

As I enter my DB data, the employee pivottable extracts the data and the employee time sheet will similarly extract from the pivottable but with the details/formulas of the 'pay period' ($/hr; hrs worked; draws; totals; etc).

This is gonna be a huge help to me - any clues for me?

tfyh

Buz

I sent Buz a spreadsheet that illustrates defining periods and securing required information from a Pivot Table.

I used Vlookup to put the payperiod into a new column.

Dave
This message was edited by Dave Patton on 2002-09-02 08:08

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back