Read from many sheets VBA

Jack in the UK

Hi guys

A little project will be if i have say 250 to 1000 wkbks i need code to rip but row 1 from each into a report documents.

All the data will be lined up ok, ill make sure but the file names will be all sorts, no error check needeed just rip it over and return the data one under the other in the report document

Any ideas of a cleaver way guys

Many thanks in advance!

PS all will be in the same directory not scattered so locational issues are all taken care of and maintance all thats fine, just need from button on XLT to rip the XLS x 250+ over and add to the bottom

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Jack,

I´m not sure if this is a cleaver way or not but at least it works :)

Paste following code in standardmodule and change the path to the directory and the name of the sheet that will receive all the data:

Option Explicit
Option Base 1<PRE><FONT color=blue>Sub</FONT>Copy_Data()<FONT color=blue>Dim</FONT>stFil<FONT color=blue> As</FONT><FONT color=blue> String</FONT>, stPath<FONT color=blue> As</FONT><FONT color=blue> String</FONT>, stFiltyp<FONT color=blue> As</FONT><FONT color=blue> String</FONT>, stFilArray()<FONT color=blue> As</FONT><FONT color=blue> String</FONT><FONT color=blue>Dim</FONT>wsDataRange<FONT color=blue> As</FONT> Worksheet<FONT color=blue>Dim</FONT>x<FONT color=blue> As</FONT><FONT color=blue> Long</FONT>, i<FONT color=blue> As</FONT><FONT color=blue> Long</FONT>

Application.ScreenUpdating =<FONT color=blue> False</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000>'Here You change to Your actual directory</FONT>
stPath = "c:Test"

stFiltyp = "*.xls"

stFil = Dir(stPath & stFiltyp)<FONT color=blue>Debug.Print</FONT> stFil<FONT color=blue>Do</FONT><FONT color=blue>Until</FONT> stFil = ""

i = i + 1

ReDim<FONT color=blue> Preserve</FONT> stFilArray(i)

stFilArray(i) = stFil

stFil = Dir<FONT color=blue>Loop</FONT><FONT color=blue>Set</FONT>wsDataRange = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Data")<FONT color=blue>For</FONT>x =<FONT color=blue>LBound</FONT>(stFilArray)<FONT color=blue>To</FONT><FONT color=blue>UBound</FONT>(stFilArray)<FONT color=blue> Workbook</FONT>s.<FONT color=blue>Open</FONT>(stPath & stFilArray(x))

Worksheets("Blad1").Range("A1").Copy

wsDataRange.Cells(x, 1).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues<FONT color=blue> Workbook</FONT>s(stFilArray(x)).<FONT color=blue>Close</FONT>Savechanges:=False<FONT color=blue>Next</FONT>x

Application.ScreenUpdating =<FONT color=blue> True</FONT><FONT color=blue>End Sub</FONT></PRE>

HTH,
Dennis

This message was edited by XL-Dennis on 2002-08-24 07:23

Upvote 0
Hi Dennis

Cheers my old fiend, ill try and post back on this feed im working hard and this ones a pain, but solvable, getting more and more to do. Not chatted in a bit so i pass on my very best to you and ill PM email you soon for a better chat

Thanks again dennis

Jack

Upvote 0
Dennis

Well my good friend that code needed a tweek or two but DAM thats PERFECTION, i recomend you all grab this one and it will come in usefull....

Cheers Dennis chat soon

Your friend Jack

Upvote 0
Jack,

Glad it worked :) altough it´s neither clever or perfection just decent coding :wink:

Kind regards,
Dennis

Upvote 0
Dennis

im proud weare friends !!!

What else to say ????

Little i feel, amybe one day i can code as well , im thinking Jack doubt that one, some good friends thay know who they are no need to name them, you are one.

Hey keep in touch, look after sweeden!!!

You friend Jack in South London!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back