Read Only 365

APML

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi All, I have a workbook and somehow I've changed something so now it's read-only..When I make changes I'm having to save under a new file name, which is a pain. And the new file also becomes read only.
How do I get rid of this issue? My version of excel is 365

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Have you tried in Windows Explorer to right-click the file name and choose 'Properties' and look at the 'Read-only' checkbox on the General tab?

Upvote 0
Hi, yes have tried that, pls see screen shot.. is this what you mean?

1647843619348.png

Upvote 0
I note that it is a macro-enabled file (*.xlsm) so what vba code is in the workbook, particularly in the ThisWorkbook module?

Upvote 0
So I've checked and you're right it does seem to only be files that are macro-enabled. I do have lots of VBA and macros in the file, I'm not so great at VBA or macros, it sounds like I've done something. Not sure how to answer your question because I'm not sure what you mean by "This workbook module"?

Upvote 0
Hey, you're a star, you've sent in the right direction. I found that if I save the file as .xlsx then it saves.. then if I save it again but this time .xlsm it saves and the problem is now gone. Thx for your help, I really appreciate it

Upvote 0
I note that it is a macro-enabled file (*.xlsm) so what vba code is in the workbook, particularly in the ThisWorkbook module?
turns out the problem isn't solved.. For some reason, macro files are opening in Read Only

Upvote 0
I'm back again. I found the problem, over the weekend I installed an add-in. The addin somehow has caused the problem, I've removed the addin and the problem has gone with it. Thx for your help.

Upvote 0
Solution
Glad you have it resolved. thanks for letting us know. (y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back