Real Time updating a Column in a table based on a Column in another Table

sangeet230

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there!

Maybe there is an easier solution to this because I am over thinking.

I have a small business and I make all my invoices through excel. I maintain a Customer Master in Table format in one sheet where I enter each new customer and assign a unique code. Next, I enter all the sales data in another sheet. I want to extend the functionality and make a Customer Balance Tracker in the same workbook. What I simply want is to have a sheet where i have all the Customer Codes(unique ones), Total Bill Value, Total receipt and Balance Amount.

I want that as soon as I enter a new customer in the Customer Master Sheet, the new tracker sheet be updated immediately with that new customer code. The Total Bill Value and Receipts can be SUMIFS from other sheets. How do I automatically update the Customer Code column in the Balance Tracker sheet with a new customer inserted in the Customer Master Sheet?

I understand that I can simply create a link. Example- Say suppose I entered 10 new customers in a day and I forgot to extend my other Table in the Balance Tracker sheet. I don't want to miss out a customer from the tracker.

Any help, appreciated! Thanks!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
You could have the Unique List as a Pivot of the master.

Then add this code to the Master Sheet, change A:A to whatever column the customer name is in. As you add or modify data it will refresh the pivot.

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

Dim KeyCells As Range

Set KeyCells = Range("A:A")

If Not Application.Intersect(KeyCells, Range(Target.Address)) _
           Is Nothing Then

ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll

End If
End Sub

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

This is my first post on the forum. I'll update them right away.

Upvote 0
You could have the Unique List as a Pivot of the master.

Then add this code to the Master Sheet, change A:A to whatever column the customer name is in. As you add or modify data it will refresh the pivot.

VBA Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

Dim KeyCells As Range

Set KeyCells = Range("A:A")

If Not Application.Intersect(KeyCells, Range(Target.Address)) _
           Is Nothing Then

ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll

End If
End Sub

I think this might do. Thanks a ton. I'll try it.

Upvote 0
I'll update them right away.
Thanks for updating your details. (y)
Unfortunately the suggestion that I had in mind would require Excel 365. Hopefully though you are on the way to a satisfactory result anyway. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back