Recognize this ERROR?

lhedges

Hello, I have a file that uses a VBA drop down to pull data from a control page. Some computers have no problem but others get this error. (All are running Excel97 SR-2)

Run time error 32809
Application Defined or Object Defined Error

Any help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
lhedges,

Are You using one or more Active-X controls on worksheets?

If yes, set the TakeFocusOnClick property to false for each control.

If this is correct it only confirm a bug in XL-97.

HTH,
Dennis

Upvote 0
Dennis, I don't want to ruin your theory (Well kind of ! :p ), but, shouldn't that crash All Excel 97 machines ? and, they're all running on Excel 97 -SR2. Maybe an ActiveX object missing ?

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

I dont recall seeing the error numbe but might be related to image imported or placed in excel poss path has changed

If gif/bmp/jpg in userform, then active x???

Upvote 0
On 2002-08-29 16:08, Juan Pablo G. wrote:
Dennis, I don't want to ruin your theory (Well kind of ! :p ), but, shouldn't that crash All Excel 97 machines ? and, they're all running on Excel 97 -SR2. Maybe an ActiveX object missing ?

Leave the theories to the well-educated regular contributors on this list (I´ve got only a MBA-degree not Phd) :)

This bug has bugged me for a long time and if it wasn´t for my (bad) experience I had come to the same conclusion as You.

The only time I´ve seen "Run time error 32809" is with 97 and when Active-X controls are used in worksheets. And it does not appear regular either....

If I´m wrong then it wouldn´t be the first time nor the last time either for me :wink:

Thanks Jack :)

Take care and I will read the outcome of this thread tomorrow (my local time)
Dennis
This message was edited by XL-Dennis on 2002-08-29 16:31

Upvote 0
Hi Dennis,
I have seen many many errors all seem to befixed then they change depending the the colour of the moon that night!

Keep posting mate you input is important!

Upvote 0
Hello,
Yes I do have active x controls on this worksheet. But unfortunately I am clueless on how to change the properties to "takefocusonclick" to false. I have looked in my VBA editor on the properties and looked at all options on my control. This sounds easy and I am sure I am just missing it. Can someone help me out? Thanks, Lori

Upvote 0
Lori, the CommandButtons are the ones, if they're embed on the worksheet, that have that property (Well, others too, but the code usually run from CommandButtons...). So, it should be there, but only for controls that are on the worksheet.

Upvote 0
lhedges,

Have You worked it out?

Please mail back Your results :)

Jack - Thanks for the encouragement :) :)

Kind regards,
Dennis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back