Not open for further replies.

asddsaasddas

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a huge chunk of raw data ranging from column A to AM. The number of rows are not fixed and are based on the data retrieved from the system. Within columns A to AM, the first row will always be the header. With this being said, I want to be able to choose which columns and their rows below them based on the header's value and delete the rest of the columns. For example, in column A to AM there are 3 columns that i want to record. I want to be able to record the 3 columns based on the header's name and the rows below these 3 columns. Lets say the first row (header) in columns B, F and G are named "ID", "NAME" and "CONTACT" respectively. I want to be able to record these 3 columns and their rows and delete the all the other columns. All in all, I want to be able to choose which columns to be recorded based on the values of the first row (header) and delete all the other rows. Thus, in my example, I would be left with column A, B and C populated with "ID", "NAME" and "CONTACT" as the values for the first row. After sorting the columns based on their names, I want to be able to bold the header (first row) for these 3 columns left. Any help will be appericated

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back