Recording a Macro to begin different cell number each time

zexcel2112

Office Version
  1. 2011
Platform
  1. MacOS
hi,
I have a large CSV file with all my Shopify products. And because I have a second-hand clothing store I am constantly adding new items. To do this I use an existing excel sheet that I add extra lines into. It saves me time since most of the info is auto filled. However, there are cell that I have to copy down always , which never change, for example : Size, Brand, etc. It kind of gets annoying to have to drag stuff down a million times and Copy Down. I want to record a macro that will do this for me. But I see macros if recroded to begin in F39 for example will always start in F39 when run next time. Is there a way to command to just copy down for example the last filled cell in Column F down 50 cells? And so on....Column G down 50, etc

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
its very possible to identify the overall last row (where your new data has ended at), and also measure the last row where you last left off, then teach the macro copy down from your end point to the new end. I'm just not too sure about macros in an excel CSV file

Upvote 0
its very possible to identify the overall last row (where your new data has ended at), and also measure the last row where you last left off, then teach the macro copy down from your end point to the new end. I'm just not too sure about macros in an excel CSV file
thank you,
I should correct myself. It's not CSV. Its a macro enabled workbook . .xslm

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back