Recording Data Upon Scanning

Georgeml

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning. My first post on MrExcel seeking help for a problem that besets me. I am working in a school which require taking attendance for about 1200 students daily. Recently the school required a faster method of capturing attendance by using a scanner. Using the scanner on Excel I managed to capture attendance of incoming students faster. But after capturing data on the scan Sheet, i then have to key in manually these data (total students 1200) into the monthly attendance sheet which takes up a lot of time.
I need help to find a formula/Macro or VBA to automatically insert the data (as '1') of students coming in daily when scanned on the Scan Sheet.
Pic A: Worksheet 'Scan' Column A2 is where I start to can the students ID daily. With Vlookup it brings in students details.
Pic B: After Scan I then maually have to key in the data on Sheet "Mar'.
Need help to find Formula/Macro or VBA to automatically populate the data captured on 'Scan' worksheet to workseet 'Mar'. Spent many days to find a solution but was unable to. Would reallyappreciate any help on this. Thank You.

Attachments

• MrExcelHelpPic.png
    MrExcelHelpPic.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 19

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
HI. Apologies for not having picked this up sooner. If I understand you correctly, I suspect that it's doable, but can you please post the Pic B you've referenced? I only see one picture. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back