Recording Macro crashes excel every time

MCosca

I have a Macro recorded for a file I am using each month. When I originally tried to record this Macro every single time I got to column R and typed anything in row 1 the entire program crashed closing all or any open excel file.

After many attempts to work around this issue, I decide to finish recording the macro up to column R and stop.

I attempted to record a second Macro thinking there was some combination of data that caused this crash each time. Again no matter what I did, when I started typing in column R row 1, crash! This happens when I am trying to record only.

So I decided (again) I would use the Macro to begin the data formatting and had the rest of the formulas saved on another sheet and would just copy/paste them in manually after running the Macro to column Q (nothing in R). This now has become quite tedious to resolve each month, but I cannot seem to get around this problem at all unless I just enter the data myself.

Is this some type of known issue or I am just special? Is there a way around this?

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuldeep90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back