Reference functions in different VBAproject

fboehlandt

Hi there,
quick question regarding custom functions in VBA. I have an add-in containing several functions that I would like to use in my current VBA project. The add-in has a unique name so I should be able to refer to it. How do I go about doing that? Thankx

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

xld

Banned
Set a reference to the add-in in your other project, then just call the functions.

fboehlandt

thanks for the reponse,
that is what I did but no luck there. Here my steps to retrace:
- open the module in my current project (simply named VBAproject) containing the function reference
- Go to Tools, References and then select the relevant project from the scrolldown menu. The project has a unique name VBAMatrix (the bracketed term and name of the actual add-in when using Excel is macro.xla)
- rerun the macro
Again, VBA does not recognize the function reference, although the reference appears directly underneath the module. I assume that one should be able to refer to the function as one would to any other in the same project(i.e. without the application.worksheetfunction prefix). If it helps:
- the functions are recognized in Excel
- the add-in opens automatically whenever I start Excel (hence it is never inactive)
- The relevant function is defined in an Option Private Module
Any ideas please?

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamSan78

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...