Reference Text Advance VBA Programming

michaeldh

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a good text book which contains Advanced Excel VBA programming. I am at an Intermediate type level but wish to go much further with my learing to master the language.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Michael.

:biggrin:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
"Visit Mr Excel's Bookshelf" !! :LOL:

Alternatively, if you're at an intermediate level then a reference text might be useful. I find that the O'Reilly "nutshell" books are very good in this respect.

Upvote 0
Actually I might just take that back. I've had a little poke around and the VBA nutshell book also caters for pure VB. Some people didn't like this aspect.

I would recommend going to Amazon and doing a search for "VBA". You'll get loads of ideas there.

Upvote 0
Michael

I can heartily recommend both "VBA and Macros" by Bill Jelen and "Excel 2002 VBA Programmer's Reference" by Bullen et al. Note, for the progammer's ref one, it is the 2002 version and not the 2003 (change of authorship).

I think that you would also find very useful the Holy Macro!2,200 VBA Examples CD from Mr Excel (again) - it will give you a serious amount of VB code to pick apart, digest and adapt to whatever situations you have.

Best regards

Richard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back