Reference to number on another worksheet

Kent V

HELP! I have a workbook with 4 sheets.

Sheet2 is a table of copier counts from various copy machines, with machines listed down column A and month/year as column headings. Copier counts are manually entered.

Sheet3 is similar but calculates the number of copies made the previous month on each machine.

Sheet4 takes the first machine (say listed in A2) and recaps the copier usage in two rows, 12 columns headed the month (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.), 1st row listing 2007-2008 totals and 2nd row is 2008-2009 totals.

Sheet1 I enter the last month (Sep-09).

Column headings on Sheet 4 automatically adjust to Oct through Sept so the 1st row lists Oct-07 through Sep-08 and 2nd row will list Oct-08 through Sep-09 for comparison.

Here's my problem. Based on the Month/Year typed in on Sheet1 (Sep-09), the first number on Sheet4 should be the number listed on Sheet3 under Oct-07 (first row, or successive rows as I do the same for other machines). I need a formula in that cell to extract the correct number from Sheet3 (under the Oct-07 heading). When I change the month on Sheet1 to Oct-09, then everything adjusts (headings-which I have already figured out), the Sep-07 number (in the first cell).

Once I get that first number located from Sheet3, I can easily find the next one in the row for placement in the next horizontal cell on Sheet4.

Make sense? From there some graphs are created. The goal is to visually give people something to look at and hopefully cut down on paper use. Please, I hope someone can help! I'm stuck.

I can also be e-mailed at kent.vancleave@wwcc.edu. THANKS!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input *******="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back