reference to Sheet within a workbook is replaced by full file path after emailling the sheet to a colleague

Reshaw

Board Regular
Good morning everyone

Apologies in advance if this is a real beginners error but I just can't figure out why its doing this and its causing quite a problem.

Background:
I have a master spreadsheet that we use to plan transport based on product lines that have been requested by my customer and the sheet also calculates the transport costs depending on the method we have chosen. We have to tweak the plan to get the best value for the customer so it is crucial that these prices are updating as we chop the plan around.

So I work on the pricing and the formulas and then email the sheet to my colleague who saves the master template in a folder only she has access to for security. She then plans the work and sends it back to me.

The formula references a sheet within the workbook (namely: Lymedale, Washington, Brackmills which all represent physical locations) get changed to a full file path as per below examples, so don't worry about what the formula is doing, it works fine in the original format, but once emailed the file-path references cause lookup errors etc.

Original formula:
=IF(AND(BL2="XD",L2="H"), VLOOKUP(M2,'Matrix 1'!A:B,2,0) / SUM(COUNTIFS(Brackmills!BP:BP, BP2, Brackmills!L:L, "H"), COUNTIFS(Lymedale!BP:BP, BP2, Lymedale!L:L, "H"), COUNTIFS(Washington!BP:BP,BP2, Washington!L:L, "H")),0 )

Formula after sheet being emailled:
=IF(AND(BL2="XD",L2="H"), VLOOKUP(M2,'C:\Users\robin.shaw\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\IUTMJVBK\[RDC Master .xlsx]Matrix 1'!A:B,2,0) / SUM(COUNTIFS('C:\Users\robin.shaw\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\IUTMJVBK\[RDC Master .xlsx]Brackmills'!BP:BP, BP2, 'C:\Users\robin.shaw\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\IUTMJVBK\[RDC Master .xlsx]Brackmills'!L:L, "H"), COUNTIFS('C:\Users\robin.shaw\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\IUTMJVBK\[RDC Master .xlsx]Lymedale'!BP:BP, BP2, 'C:\Users\robin.shaw\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\IUTMJVBK\[RDC Master .xlsx]Lymedale'!L:L, "H"), COUNTIFS('C:\Users\robin.shaw\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\IUTMJVBK\[RDC Master .xlsx]Washington'!BP:BP,BP2, 'C:\Users\robin.shaw\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.Outlook\IUTMJVBK\[RDC Master .xlsx]Washington'!L:L, "H")),0 )

Any ideas welcome...
Thanks in advance

Robin

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back