Referencing Cells in other Sheets using the Address function

Cpflum

I'm building a table that references a dynamic range on a pivot table. So far I've gotten the function to return the address on the pivot table but it wont return the value. I'm doing this so that I can both refresh the two source data sets and summarize (pivot table) and also graph these two summarized data sets since you can't graph two different pivot tables together.

This is my code so far:
Iferror - To return zero if the source data doesn't exist yet
Address - To concatenate the match functions
Match - to find the row and column numbers on sheet "B" that match the x,y call on the original sheet "A"

=IFERROR((ADDRESS((MATCH($A2,'Install Data Pivot'!$A:$A,0)),MATCH(B$1,'Install Data Pivot'!$4:$4,0),1,1)),0)

Returns $B$5 since this is the cell where the information lies.

I've tried just adding the sheet name like this...

=IFERROR('Install Data Pivot'!(ADDRESS((MATCH($A2,'Install Data Pivot'!$A:$A,0)),MATCH(B$1,'Install Data Pivot'!$4:$4,0),1,1)),0)

...but that doesn't work. I've also tried using different variations of Indirect and Index but I still can't get it to reference the other sheet.

Help Please!

Robert Mika

MrExcel MVP
If you need to returh the value from the $B$5:
=IFERROR(INDIRECT("'Install Data Pivot'!"&ADDRESS((MATCH($A2,'Install Data Pivot'!$A:$A,0)),MATCH(B$1,'Install Data Pivot'!$4:$4,0),1,1)),0)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robcooper2001

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...