Referencing to specific worksheet

mtagliaferri

Board Regular
I recently posted a code and though was running perfectly till I figured out that I need to run the code when the user is on another sheet and therefore the reference to cell range and name don't tally...

What I am trying to achieve is that when I am oh the table sheet, I have a button that runs the below code:

VBA Code:
Sub CreatePDF()
    ShLeaversForm.ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & Range("D12") & " " & Range("D13") & " " & _
        Format(Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & ShLeaversForm.Name & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True
    ShCompanyPropertyChecklist.ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & Range("D12") & " " & Range("D13") & " " & _
        Format(Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & ShCompanyPropertyChecklist.Name & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True

End Sub

This runs correctly only if I am running the code when I am on the ShLeaversForm and allocate the correct names, if I select the ShCompanyPropertyChecklist the code runs but the names given to the files are referred to the range of this sheet and therefore both names are wrong.

I realised that I have to reference the code to the specific sheet and wrote the below:

VBA Code:
Sub CreatePDF()
    Worksheets("ShLeaversForm").ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & Range("D12") & " " & Range("D13") & " " & _
        Format(Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & ShLeaversForm.Name & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True
    Worksheets("ShCompanyPropertyChecklist").ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & Range("D12") & " " & Range("D13") & " " & _
        Format(Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & ShCompanyPropertyChecklist.Name & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True

End Sub

What is the correct code to reference it to the relative sheet?

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Hi,
your ranges are unqualified which as you have discovered, means they will only apply to the ActiveSheet

See if this update to your code resolves your issue

VBA Code:
Sub CreatePDF()
    With ShLeaversForm
        .ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & .Range("D12") & " " & .Range("D13") & " " & _
                             Format(.Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & .Name & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True
        ShCompanyPropertyChecklist.ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & .Range("D12") & " " & .Range("D13") & " " & _
                             Format(.Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & ShCompanyPropertyChecklist.Name & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True
    End With
End Sub

Dave

Upvote 0
Something like
VBA Code:
Sub CreatePDF()
    Dim sh1, sh2
    Set sh1 = Worksheets("ShLeaversForm")
    Set sh2 = Worksheets("ShCompanyPropertyChecklist")
    sh1.ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & sh1.Range("D12") & " " & sh1.Range("D13") & " " & _
                                       Format(sh1.Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & "ShLeaversForm" & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True
    sh2.ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & sh2.Range("D12") & " " & sh2.Range("D13") & " " & _
                                       Format(sh2.Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & "ShCompanyPropertyChecklist" & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi,
your ranges are unqualified which as you have discovered, means they will only apply to the ActiveSheet

See if this update to your code resolves your issue

VBA Code:
Sub CreatePDF()
    With ShLeaversForm
        .ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & .Range("D12") & " " & .Range("D13") & " " & _
                             Format(.Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & .Name & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True
        ShCompanyPropertyChecklist.ExportAsFixedFormat xlTypePDF, Environ("Userprofile") & "\Documents\" & .Range("D12") & " " & .Range("D13") & " " & _
                             Format(.Range("E19"), "YYYYDDMM") & " " & ShCompanyPropertyChecklist.Name & ".pdf", OpenAfterPublish:=True
    End With
End Sub

Dave
Hi,
Thanks for the code that solves the issue of running the code when I am on another sheet, but the file name created for the ShCompanyPropertyChecklist still refers to the cells of ShLeaversForm, how do I get the second form to reference to those cells (the range is the same for both sheets but the values are different).

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for the code that solves the issue of running the code when I am on another sheet, but the file name created for the ShCompanyPropertyChecklist still refers to the cells of ShLeaversForm, how do I get the second form to reference to those cells (the range is the same for both sheets but the values are different).

Try this update

VBA Code:
Sub CreatePDF()
    With ShLeaversForm
    End With

With ShCompanyPropertyChecklist
    End With
End Sub

I have assumed that the worksheet object variables ShLeaversForm & ShCompanyPropertyChecklist have been assigned

Dave

Upvote 0
Try this update

VBA Code:
Sub CreatePDF()
    With ShLeaversForm
    End With

With ShCompanyPropertyChecklist
    End With
End Sub

I have assumed that the worksheet object variables ShLeaversForm & ShCompanyPropertyChecklist have been assigned

Dave
Sorry Dave, I am doing a crash course on VBA and so far have very basic knowledge.... I don't have any variables set. I applied the code the above code and it seems to be working. Could you give me some hints of the variable you are referring to?

Upvote 0
Sorry Dave, I am doing a crash course on VBA and so far have very basic knowledge.... I don't have any variables set. I applied the code the above code and it seems to be working. Could you give me some hints of the variable you are referring to?

I am referring to these
ShLeaversForm & ShCompanyPropertyChecklist

I was not sure if you had declared them as object variables and set a reference to them

e.g.
VBA Code:
Dim ShLeaversForm As Worksheet
Dim ShCompanyPropertyChecklist As Worksheet

Set ShLeaversForm = Worksheets("LeaversForm")
Set ShCompanyPropertyChecklist = Worksheets("CompanyPropertyChecklist")

or if they are sheet codenames?

Dave

Upvote 0
Solution
I am referring to these
ShLeaversForm & ShCompanyPropertyChecklist

I was not sure if you had declared them as object variables and set a reference to them

e.g.
VBA Code:
Dim ShLeaversForm As Worksheet
Dim ShCompanyPropertyChecklist As Worksheet

Set ShLeaversForm = Worksheets("LeaversForm")
Set ShCompanyPropertyChecklist = Worksheets("CompanyPropertyChecklist")

or if they are sheet codenames?

Dave
I just renamed the sheets in the VBA property, does that cause an issue?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back