Referencing to worbooks with dates in the worbooktitle

kterkuile

Hi all,

I have a worksheet that i copy production data in. Each production process is in a row and in the columns i have the production of each day of the week and some derivate functions as 'in stock' etc. The production is for each calendar date.

The data are in a sheet that i get every day. The sheet is always of the same structure with -of course- different production values. The dataworkbook contains one sheet and has the same structure as my main workbook. Every day i get the datasheet via mail and it always has the same name.

I want to make formulas in the cells in my main where the data from the dataworkbook should be pasted. I want to make a formula which references to the dates on top of the columns and that recognizes a date reference in the dataworkbooks. The name of a dataworkbook will be something along the lines of '20100419productiondata.xls'. So the formula should look for the date on top of the column in the mainworkbook, compare that to the date in all the names of all the dataworkbooks and then refer to the right cell. Now, referring to the specific cells i can do, but referring from the formula to the filename is far beyond me. Could anyone help me please?

Take care,

Kaerel

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back