Refine formula with an additional IF function that conflicts with an existing IF function.

Lea

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Smart Excel People!

I sure hope there is a kind soul out there willing to take pity on me. I have been trying to fine tune the formula below off and on for a few weeks now. I am just plain stuck on this one. I have not been able to figure it out and I sure could use some help, please.

In the formula below, everything works how I want it to except the part in red. Currently, if there is an error or if there is text, it displays the message TEXT – CHECK VISUALLY. What I would like the formula to do is if the value of cell J19 is PASS then " "- the cell is blank. If the value of cell J19 is an error or any other text, then display TEXT – CHECK VISUALLY. Another way to say it is if the cell value is pass, I want it to return a blank cell. But if there is any other text value, I would like the cell to say TEXT – CHECK VISUALLY.
The rest of the formula performs as it should.

=IF(B19=" ","",IF(ISERR(OR(NUMBERVALUE(J19),NUMBERVALUE(L19),NUMBERVALUE(N19))),"TEXT - CHECK VISUALLY", IF(OR(J19=" ",J19=""),"MISSING",IF(NUMBERVALUE(J19)<NUMBERVALUE(F19),"OOS",IF(J19=" "," ",IF(NUMBERVALUE(J19)>NUMBERVALUE(G19),"OOS",""))))))

Thank you for any help you can give,
Lea

Picture1.jpg

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
But that's what the formula I suggested does.
Hello Fluff,
You are right and I am wrong! The formula worked. I was pasting your formula into the wrong row.
Thank you so much for your help and patience. I appreciate you taking your time to help me with this.

Regards,
Lea

Upvote 0
Glad it's sorted & thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: Lea
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back