Reflecting data based on month

RodneyW

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I had similar post a couple days ago but the solution required using "Indirect" which won;t work because of the various ways the final doc is shared. I've pulled the data from the other document into the one I'll be sharing and here's how I need help now.

I’m setting up an analytic report for next year

H8 represents January
I8 represents February
J8 represents March
K8 represents April and so on through out the year.

My destination cell for the first quarter is W8. In the month of January, W8 will be empty. On Feb 1st, W8 should reflect the number in H8 (January). On March 1st, it should reflect the number in I8 (February) and on April 1st, it should reflect the number in J8 (March). It should remain this way forever.

I have a similar concept for cell Z8.May 1st, it should reflect K8 (April) and continue until July 1st, when it reflects M8 (June) and stays that way forever. Likewise for the remaining months of the year, but if I get Jan – March figured out, I can take it from there.

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I am not very experienced in this, nor am I sure you want a formula, but will this work? It works for me when I set it up.

=IF(S8<>"",S8,IF(R8<>"",R8,IF(Q8<>"",Q8, IF(P8<>"",P8,IF(O8<>"",O8,IF(N8<>"",N8,IF(M8<>"",M8,IF(L8<>"",L8,IF(K8<>"",K8,IF(J8<>"",J8,IF(I8<>"",I8,IF(H8<>"",H8,""))))))))))))

Upvote 0
Zummy, thanks for the reply. This is getting close. I've got a couple other projects to work on and will report back here in a bit with "SUCCESS" or something else. Thanks

Upvote 0
Update... I using this code in cell AI8

=IF(T8<>"",T8,IF(S8<>"",S8,IF(R8<>"",R8)))

in expectation that it will pull data from cell R8 (representing October data) if it's populated. If cell S8 (representing November data) is also populated, cell AI8 will display the data from S8. If cell T8 (representing December data) is populated, AI8 will display data from T8. Currently R8 is populated but the data isn't being pulled over to AI8. Likewise, if I add data to S8,, AI8 isn't populated. AI8 only populates when T8 has data. I need R8 and/or S8 to populate as well.

Ironically, I have this code in cell AF8

=IF(Q8<>"",Q8,IF(P8<>"",P8,IF(O8<>"",O8,"")))

looking at cells O8, P8 and Q8. It works exactly as needed, pulling from O, P or Q based on O (July), P (Aug) or Q (Sep) data being there.

Any ideas? Here are the two formulas side by side

=IF(Q8<>"",Q8,IF(P8<>"",P8,IF(O8<>"",O8,"")))
=IF(T8<>"",T8,IF(S8<>"",S8,IF(R8<>"",R8)))

thank you in advance

Upvote 0
Are you sure that T8 is empty?

Upvote 0
Bottom formula has been updated to: =IF(T8<>"",T8,IF(S8<>"",S8,IF(R8<>"",R8,""))) It still isn't displaying the value in R8

Upvote 0
Care to answer my question? ;)

Upvote 0
Are you sure that T8 is empty?
T8 is "empty" in the sense that there is no data displaying, but there is a formula pulling data from another sheet. It's pulling the data for these cell T in the same way it pulls for cells I through P and it works for all of them.

Upvote 0
In that case what is the formula in T8?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back