Refresh filters when opening spreadsheet

Jaffabfc

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have a spreadheet with several worksheets they are all more or less the same just for different areas.

In each sheet i have a filter which filters the same information for each area just for e.g. sheet 1 will filter area 1 sheet 2 will filter area 2 etc.

The issue i have is were this is dragged from is updated on a daily basis but can change daily, so the filters are always out of sync and i have to refresh them all, is there a way that when i open the spreadhseet that the filters refresh automatically.

The filters drag the info from a worksheet named "Out Of Stocks", this worksheet is updated from another spreadsheet elsewhere, so i want this worksheet to update first and then the filters auto filter again and bring the correct info.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi,

could it the as simple as refreshing the data connection used for dragging the data from the worksheet "out of stocks" by changing the properties or do you mean to actually change the filters to new values?

Upvote 0
the data connection updates when i open by me clicking update when prompted.

its the actual filter as i data-filter in the toolbar.

thanks

Upvote 0
So do you mean you're re-adjusting the autofilter range because by refreshing the data the autofilter is out of range and than re-apply the same filter?

Upvote 0
the filter is of the same range but because the range is not in the same order and could have possibly changed altogether the filter is not filtering the same.

e.g.

day1 - out of stock sheet

on the other tabs i have them copied across but filtered by number 1/2/3, but the next day it could be

so because the cells are different it doenst filter the same because they are not in the same order.

hope you get me

Upvote 0
No, i'm sorry.
Maybe it's possible to provide me with an actual sample of your sheet so I can take a closer look or somebody else has to help you out.

Upvote 0
unfortunately, the system wont allow me to upload outside our network.

basically i have filters on columns a-e, rows 1-700 are full of info, i have a filter on the columns and its filtered by the first column, the next day the cells in these columns have changed because the data has changed, so if i go into the filter and just click ok it will filter it correctly again.

but because i have that many sheets i can not do this on all of them.

hope thats a bit more clearer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back