refresh graph data

anantathaker

Board Regular
i have a line graph that is linked to a column of data, but i have calculation set to "manual" in tools>options because of the large size of the file. when i press f9, the graph doesn't update if i've changed the data. is there another way to do this? how can i manually update the graph but have it update immediately when i press whatever command/key is necessary? thanks!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
The graph should redraw when you press F9. It sounds to me like you may have a problem with your source data definition. Right click on your chart, choose "Source Data..." and then click the "Series" tab. Click on each series in the box on the left and make sure that the range in the "Values:" box on the right is pointing to the right place.

Upvote 0
You could VBA refresh your chart if you want to add a command button to your page and push it to call a macro after you've updated your data. You might have to "unlink" your data first? Here's a link that may be of some use... or you could just wait for Jon to help you out... or go to his site for lots of good stuff (previously posted link). HTH. Dave http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=191465&start=10

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back