Refresh Power Query from two different workstations

Cellmate

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
I share spreadsheets with a colleague and refreshing is only working for the one that created the connection to the external tables. Technically, there is one spreadsheet where we track work for a group of developers and perform software release analysis in that spreadsheet. There are multiple external tables that the analysis spreadsheet is connected to. I created the solution. If I refresh the analysis spreadsheet it works because the connection path was created from my workstation. If my colleague attempts to refresh, it does not work because the connection path does not match her workstation config. Is there a way to set up Excel so that we can refresh from either workstation?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
What type of data source is it? Are you connected to an online source, a direct connection to an internal database, data exports in a csv or xls- format?

That will be needed to move further in how your set up needs to be modified for dynamic use.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply johnny51981. The connection is to CSV/XLSX. All the files are stored on my OneDrive. I have shared that location with my colleague and that's how she accesses.

Upvote 0
ok great. Now, in your template, are using the full url to link to the files or have you used a mapped network drive?

Upvote 0
Sorry for the late reply. Using mapped network drive - which is what is causing the problem.

Upvote 0
The simplest of ways to fix it is to go back into Power Query Editor and update all of your linked data to be the full file path link. Since colleague has access to it, that should be all that is needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back