Registration form - Ideas

chinaboy

Hi.. I am looking for suggestion / guidance on the best approach.

I have a user form that users can register for classes. They select they name and class they want. They can also go in and delete entry later if they decide not to take class. This works great. I want to make some enhancements. In table that holes the classes I added fields that holds the about of slots available for each class and another field that holds number of slots taken. Then I based a query of that table and added expression to calculate the difference. Basically number of slots remaining.

The goal is so users can see whether or not class slots are available. Once the max is reached I don't want users to be able to add or signup. But would like them to see if any slots available or not per class.

Does anyone have any suggestion on this approach? Perhaps a sample code with something similar. I would post my sample excel file along with my access data file but I am not allowed to.

Thanks in advance.

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Syntax errors
    Good Morning, Trying to compile a workbook, I keep getting a few errors. Here are the first two: [code=rich]Syntax Error: Function...