Related drop down list, Dictionary Keys for 3 columns

moogeedoo

Hello My Masters & Colleagues, I have 3 columns of data in sheet2 (A) for Branches (B) for Departments and (C) for Names A2:c5000 like the table below the 3 lists are related and has some duplicates and blanks. And I have 3 Columns lets say J,K,L in sheet1 I want to J2:J each cell is validation drop down list from sheet2 (A) without Dup. and blanks, then depending to your choice it's create the validation list from sheet2 (B), then depending to your choice it's create the last validation list from sheet2 (C). any one have a solution for this deadlock, kindly avoid array formulas it's take too much time because the size of data

For example:

BranchDept.Name
LimaFurniture & InteriorsJackson
LimaFood & BeveragesEmma
JakartaReal Estate DevelopmentOlivia
DhakaReal Estate DevelopmentLucas
LagosReal Estate Development
LagosFashion wearMia
DhakaFashion wearCaden
KarachiMotor VehiclesJacob
LagosShopping MallsLogan
LagosShopping MallsJayden
LimaFurniture & InteriorsMadison
DhakaCeramics & Sanitary wareEthan
JakartaRestaurants & CafeEmily
JakartaReal Estate Development

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thank you for always support, and excuse me for lingual mistake

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Thank you bro. for your kind support and quick reply, unfortunately the code has some issues the validation lists not changed when I change in the data in the sheet2 and when I change the sample data by my basic big data an error stop the code as shown in the attached Pic. I tried some changes in the code lines as much as my knowledge but unfortunately no avail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mick, It's working fine when I put my data then save and close the file and open it again the validation lists work fine. but validation lists only in cells J1, K1 and L1 I want validation lists working in each cell in J, K and L except the header J1, K1 and L1. is there any Ideas to do this
Thank you MickG

Upvote 0
Thank you Mr. MickG, It's not giving me errors but it's not working even after I change to my data, the validation lists not loaded, I tried again to change some code lines but nothing new the validation lists not loaded

Upvote 0
I've just downloaded it and it did the same to me, try clearing the code break, close the file and reopen, that worked for me !!!

Upvote 0
I've just downloaded it and it did the same to me, try clearing the code break, close the file and reopen, that worked for me !!!

it's working with sample data, but when I change the sample data to my big data it gives me error in sub selection change code. try to change the sample data in sheet2 with any other sample data you have the error will appear to you
thank you Mr. MickG for your kind support

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back